Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Be a Difference Maker!

The closet in my home office has been deemed as the "coat closet".  Last week when I opened the closet door I was quite annoyed at the limited space in there due to the amount of coats that my darling angels had literally shoved in there. (sarcasm intended)  I started removing them and observed these coats were in great condition.  They weren't discarding them because they were ruined but because they'd either outgrown them or no longer found them fashionable. I decided to gather them all up in my car and delivered them to a community organization that provides them to children in need.

Small acts of kindness truly go a long way in the lives of others.  This past year I know some reading this may have been laid off or loss their employment due to downsizing.  Undoubtedly you are experiencing financial difficulty. If you have a desire to give but are having a financial hardship be encouraged!  Often times we can bless others without it costing us a dime when we give with our heart.

My challenge to you reading this is to search your home or apartment.  Look around to see what you can find to donate/give to be a blessing to someone this holiday season.  Remember, you can donate your time or talent as well.  A few years ago during the holidays I contacted a local women's domestic violence shelter and gave all the young ladies a pampering session.  I can tell it meant a lot to those young ladies. It also blessed me tremendously by doing it.  There are lots of community organizations that need volunteers.  Be Creative.  It really is more blessed to give than to receive!

I would love to hear about it what you come up with.  Post a comment back here and let me know what your doing to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment